Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mother's Day

I know this is highly unusual, me posting twice on the one day but hey, I am on a roll!

Mother's Day is fast approaching and as my mother is heading off to the sun on Sunday I had to get myself organised.

I found a medallion stamp in the cupboard and set to create a special card for her. Now Mum is very fond of pinks and blues so I have used these colours to form the design. Not many people use gatefold cards nowadays but I think that the medallion stamps lend themselves to these cards.

I stamped out five times in total, 3 on blue and 2 on pink then cut out the various sections and glittered as appropriate...then mounted using foam pads.

The matting and layering was done with the same card but on the blue I have added some organza ribbon. When I used the double sided tape I found that this showed through on the finished card so had to put some thicker ribbon over the top.

For the lettering I used a stencil and a steel point pen and then added some of the new mini crystals in pink.




Now, Struan likes to make a card for Granny as well (although he doesn't understand why she has to get on Mother's Day!) anyway, his idea of making usually involves me putting everything together and he takes the credit - well I suppose as long as he gets away with it......



Here I have trimmed one of his birthday photos to fit one of the new Craftime' frames. I have added a couple of the 'Floral Doddles' and a blue button and then finished it off by stamping the sentiment along the bottom.

I am sure Granny will appreciate the work that has gone into the making of them both.

Hugs
Sx

No comments: