Tuesday, February 23, 2010


Well, not good news today on Hamish. Vet is astounded by how rapidly he has gone downhill....

I have to tell you that it is heart breaking to see him the way he is but there is really very little that we can do for him. The vet wants to give him one more week to see if a miracle happens but deep down I doubt very much that this will be the case...although we live in hope.

There was a possibility that he could be sent to the vet school for further investigation but the vet feels that this would be added trauma to him and I cannot do that especially when there is no guarantee that he will be better at the end.

It is a truly horrible position to be in at the moment - one I would not wish on anyone...to make a decision like this is unimaginable for your pet...goodness knows what it is like for a human!

Love to all


jacque4u2c said...

I am so sorry for your fur baby!!! you are in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

you know where we are if you need us. Prayers and thoughts with you all.